Everything about this cuvée is a surprise. With its unusual name and delightful bottle, this a real gem of a wine. This new vintage is confirmation of the high standard of our wines. Hydropathe is the ultimate Provençal wine.
- Appellation: Côtes de Provence Sainte Victoire
- Grape varieties: 80% Syrah - 20% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vinification method: Made with grapes from the vines closest to the Mont Sainte-Victoire. Entirely vinified in 400-litre French oak barrels (demi-muids). Cold maceration for 12 days before fermentation, regular pushing down of floating skins into the fermenting wine by hand (pigeages) and 40 days' maceration.
- Ageing: Aged for 24 months in demi-muids.
- Tasting: Red wine with a deeply intense robe. Powerful, generous nose, full of complexity and rich in aroma. Notes of stewed black fruit combined with spiced and toasted notes derived from ageing. Molten tannins provide this wine with good structure. The length and complexity of the finish make this a seductive and highly enjoyable wine with blackcurrant undertones.
- Food pairings: Ideal with premium cuts of red meat, game or cheese. Or why not put on a little soft music and enjoy it on its own?
- Formats available: 75cl
- Alcohol content: 14,5% vol.